Welcome to the Hale County Probate Judge's web page! Here you will find information about our office and descriptions of our duties, plus our office address, telephone numbers, and email address. Please feel free to contact us if we can be of service to you.
The Hale County Probate Judge is responsible for the administration of the Probate Court, License Office and Records Office. The Judge is elected by the people for a six year term and has many judicial duties as well as administrative duties.
Hale County Courthouse
1001 Main Street
Greensboro, AL 36744
Duties & Responsibilities
Judicial Duties include but not limited to:
- Wills & Estates
- Involuntary mental commitments
- Eminent domain
- Name Change
- Certain contested elections
Administrative Duties include but not limited to:
- Recording Dees and Mortgages
- Records Maintenance
- Marriage License Applications
- Issuing Licenses
- Driver's license renewal
- Boat license issuances and renewals
- Business license issuances and renewals
- Hunting and fishing licenses
- Alabama Certificates of Titles
- Certain Manufactured Home Registrations & Renewals
- Administering Elections
- Hiring and training Poll Managers.
- Preparing and printing ballots, and securing all election supplies.
- Testing and preparing voting machines and ballot encoders for the election, and preparing poll books.
- Compiling precinct results on Election Day, certifying election results, and providing election data to the public.